Pro K 0-0-20 Organic Potassium Fertilizer
- THINGS TO REMEBER ABOUT POTASSIUM
- COMPARING SULFATE OF POTASH TO PRO K
- APPLICATION USES
- MEDIA USES
- APPLICATION RATES
- AVAILABLE SIZES
Ferticell Pro K 0-0-20 is an organic certified, fully soluble, plant-derived liquid potassium fertilizer designed to supply potassium in a highly plant usable form. Potassium is the third most commonly used nutrient in plants, Pro K 0-0-20 plays important roles in plant functions such as regulating the opening and closing of the stomata, activating enzymes, balancing ions, translocating sugars and osmosis. Pro K is plant-based and entirely organic, so all its components are useful for the activities of plants. We can manufacture a Potassium with little to no sulfur content by using the unique Ferticell Technology manufacturing capabilities. Unlike many other organic potassium fertilizers, this significantly opens up the application choices and availabilities. When used as a foliar application, Pro K has shown tremendous results in fruits, bringing increased yield and quality to market with applications starting after bloom. Large amounts of K accumulate in fruits, so leaf symptoms are more likely and more extreme as fruit maturity reaches during heavy crop years (Hanson, 1996)
- Excellent plant absorption rate, rapid uptake through the leaf
- Ideal where soil application is a limiting factor
- Extremely phloem mobile within the plant
- Easy to handle, consistent liquid solution
- Plant-derived organic potassium
- Works for both foliar or soil applications
- Rapid uptake through the leaf provides an immediate plant response
- No application risk of phytotoxicity
- Cannot tie up in soils because of molecular derivation
- Non-salt-contributor and does not contain chloride
- Works on all types of plant life in all stages of the plant cycle
- Instantaneous delivery of key nutrients
- Works seamlessly with most pesticides and herbicides
- Known to improve drought resistance
Large applications of conventional potassium are needed if potassium levels are allowed to fall in the soil, often for years, before proper K levels are restored. Ferticell Pro K 0-0-20 is very effective, allowing considerably less material to be used compared to conventional potash sulfate or potassium thiosulfate applications. Ferticell Pro K 0-0-20 can minimize deficiencies that, when low levels are present, can cause significant damage to trees. Also, due to the reduced flowering of the surviving spurs, shoot and spur growth will be decreased. A number of our growers asked for a soluble, organic potassium fertilizer in 2015, which did not have the salt problems associated with a number of existing approved organic potassium fertilizers on the market. Their only choice for organic potassium fertilizer has been Sulfate of Potash (SOP) for many years. We applied for registration in 2016 and the first organic potassium extracted from plants was registered with WSDA & CDFA-OIM in 2017. Pro K is the only approved safe, plant-based, liquid potassium fertilizer with an organic potassium content of 20%. In order to be beneficial to plant activities, we have developed all the components of Pro K, giving it a lower salt index than mineral sources and is totally soluble.
- For many years, Sulfate of Potash (SOP) has been our only option for organic Potassium until now.
- Some limiting factors of SOP are solubility for a spray solution above 5% unless you purchase the powdered material, Pro K is a totally soluble, farmer-friendly liquid formulation.
- SOP has Sulfur up to 18% and may limit rates in several situations where Sulfur can add to anaerobic soil conditions Pro K is Sulphur free.
- Pro K is better managed as light and frequent applications as a sprayable bloom spray fertilizer Potassium easily leaching from sandy soils as a granular with rainfall.
- Coated K materials have a very light release rate, making it difficult to see immediate corrections in plants and/or fruit requiring high application rates. Pro K is very efficient often times seeing results in 24-48 hours.
Pro K can be applied in a myriad of application methods. It may be used indoors/outdoor with all hydroponic, NFT, drip, aeroponic, irrigation and continuous liquid feeding systems. It is also able to be foliar sprayed.
Pro K may be used with all soil and soilless media, including Coco Coir, and is compatible with all nutrient programs. Always check for pH and CF levels.
Shake well before using. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not store in direct sunlight.
Container Application: 5-15 ml per 1-gallon of water
Soil Application: 1-2 quarts per acre
Foliar Application: 1-2 quarts per acre
*Rates may vary based on conditions and application
1 quart, 2.5 gallon, 2 x 2.5 gallon, 5 gallon, 80, 170 & 275 gallon tote sizes