Sprout Lid For Mason Jars | RMBA
- Low stock - 6 items left
- Inventory on the way
Sprout like a pro with the Handy Pantry Sprout Lid for mason jars! This nifty mesh lid fits quart and half-gallon-sized wide-mouth mason jars and makes sprouting easy. With its durable, food-grade plastic construction and BPA-free materials, this sprout lid won't rust or tarnish over time. This mesh sprout lid is proudly made in the USA! So what are you waiting for? Refresh your pantry today with the Handy Pantry Sprout Lid and get ready to start sprouting like a champion. This is a must-have kitchen tool that makes home sprouting easier than ever before!
- BPA free durable plastic
- Made in the USA
- Won't rust or tarnish like wire-mesh sprout lids
- Fits most wide mouth mason jars
Sprout Jar Lids "Jar Method" Sprouting Instructions
- For a quart-sized jar, start with 1 1/2 tablespoons seeds inside the jar, screw on the fine mesh sprouting lid and partially fill the jar through the sprout jar lid with warm water, not hot. Swirl it around to clean the seeds, then pour out. Refill with warm water to cover at about 3 times their depth & let soak overnight, away from light. This gets the germination process started.
- Pour off the soak water. Find a location that is not exposed to direct sunlight. Place drained jar propped at an angle to allow any extra water to drain out. Turn the jar to spread out the seed. Cover the jar with the sprout jar lids and a dishtowel and leave for 3 to 4 hours.
- Rinse sprouts with cool, fresh water 2 or 3 times each day until they are ready to eat or refrigerate. When they begin to throw off the seed hulls, let the jar with sprout jar lids installed overflow with the water and the hulls will float out the top through the sprouting lid screen. Turn the jar to spread out the seed each time you rinse.
- Pour the sprouts into a pan or sink of clean water. Skim off any remaining hulls that float to the surface. Other hulls will fall to the bottom of the container. Pull out the sprouts, gently shake off excess moisture and drain in a colander.
- Clean the jar and sprout jar lid. Place sprouts for greening back into the jar. Place in indirect sunlight. Near a kitchen window is fine. After the sprouts have greened with chlorophyll and carotene for a day or so, rinse, drain with sprouting lids & eat or refrigerate.
- Sprouts will stay fresh & hearty for a week or more when refrigerated, if you rinse them every day or two. You can even give the green sprouts an extra hour of sunlight after rinsing to keep them at their nutritional peak. Caution: Since sprouts are frost sensitive, don't place sprouts near the freezer compartment.
Our website calculates the shipping charges automatically in real-time, giving you the options to ship via FedEx, UPS or USPS Priority Mail.
Expedited shipping is also available.
All freight shipments must have a freight form filled out in full before we can book shipping.
General Delivery Policy:
By use of this site, customers authorize the carrier to leave a package at the destination delivery address without obtaining a signature if the carrier driver deems the location to be safe. Customers who are not able to locate the package that is claimed as delivered must follow the instructions for filing a claim listed below under the heading "Incorrect Delivery and Lost Package Claims."
How does shipping work?
When ordering online, our website calculates the shipping charges automatically in real-time, giving you the options to ship via FedEx, UPS or USPS Priority Mail. Expedited shipping is also available. All orders that are large enough to be shipped via freight carrier we will provide you with a freight quote which the purchaser will pay for the freight expense. All freight shipments must have a freight form filled out in full before we can book your freight for pick up. We strive to ship in-stock items within 24 – 72 hours after receiving order.
As a rule of thumb, shipping charges we assess simply amount to whatever FedEx, UPS, USPS or Freight carriers published rates are with 0% markup.
How do I calculate shipping?
Simply put, we are always looking for the cheapest method of shipping available for your order. Shipping is assessed using carrier calculated rates direct from the carriers in real-time.
- We ship via FedEx or UPS (Home Delivery and Business Delivery), UPS 3 Day Select (Expedited), FedEx or UPS 2 Day (Expedited), FedEx or UPS 1 Day (Expedited) or USPS Priority Mail.
We ship via FedEx, UPS or USPS to residences and businesses.
How fast is shipping?
We normally ship orders via FedEx or UPS Ground or via Freight Truck, while expedited shipments ship via FedEx or UPS Air 1,2 or 3 Day. On average, we ship in-stock items within 24 to 72 hours of receiving your order.
If some items on your order are temporarily out of stock, we will hold your order for up to 1 week.
If we expect a longer delay, we will contact you to give you the options of
(a) shipping what is currently available and the back-ordered item(s) later or
(b) waiting until everything is in stock before shipping or
(c) canceling the back-ordered item(s) and shipping the items which are in stock.
We do our best to get your orders processed and provide same day shipping if received before noon Pacific time. This is not always possible but our goal on every order placed!
FedEx and UPS Ground delivers Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How does freight work?
If shipping via freight truck you must be able to accommodate a truck at your residence/business and that it is your responsibility to unload the freight. Some items cannot be unloaded without using a forklift/lift gate. If unloading by hand, be prepared to off-load the pallet that holds your order in approximately 15 minutes, or you may be charged an additional fee by the trucking company for the extra time (rates up to $100/hr).
Do not sign for your freight shipment until you have confirmed an identical count of boxes, bags, rolls, bundles, pails, etc. and have checked very carefully for apparent and/or concealed damage. We will not accept any responsibility for missing and/or damaged items unless you note a count discrepancy and/or identify damage on the bill of lading at the time of delivery *Take pictures immediately of damaged freight*.
Tracking and Receiving Orders:
All orders shipping via FedEx, UPS or USPS Priority Mail, except for drop-ship orders, will be provided with tracking information via an email to the email address provided on the order on the day the order is shipped. Please contact us immediately if you think your shipment is lost or if your shipment arrives damaged.
When your order arrives, open the package immediately and inspect the content against the packing slip. Notify us immediately of any shortages or damages, do not discard any damaged items or shipping cartons (please take pictures). The shipping company may require an inspection prior to approving any claim and most will require pictures of the merchandise.
Visible Damage, Concealed Damage, and Missing Content Claims - Visible Damage is defined as any damage to the packaging that is identifiable without opening the package at the time of delivery. Concealed Damage is defined as any damage that is not immediately noticeable at the time the package is opened or when the product is first used. Missing Content is defined as any package that is missing product that the packing slip states is included. These types of claims must be made directly to Rocky Mountain BioAg within 5 business days of delivery. Any claims made after that time cannot be honored. Please contact Rocky Mountain BioAg at 877-874-2334 or email Support@RockyMountainBioAg.com to make such a claim.
Incorrect Delivery and Lost Package Claims - Incorrect Delivery is defined as any incident where the driver delivers the package to the wrong address or individual. Lost Packages may occur in two ways. First, lost packages may occur when packages are not able to be located within the carrier's network. Second, a package may be considered lost when the carrier claims delivery was completed by leaving the package on the doorstep, but the customer cannot locate the package. Both incorrect delivery and lost package incidents are usually discovered through standard tracking of the package. Claims for either of these problems must be made directly to Rocky Mountain BioAg upon discovery. No claims will be honored after 30 days from shipment date. Please contact Rocky Mountain BioAg at 877-874-2334 or email Support@RockyMountainBioAg.com to make such a claim.
Incorrect Product Claims – Rocky Mountain BioAg must be notified directly within 30 days of shipment of any package received where contents are incorrect. Please contact Rocky Mountain BioAg at 877-874-2334 or email Support@RockyMountainBioAg.com to make such a claim.
Shipping to Canada or other international destinations:
Items shipped to Canada my be subject to import duties or other fees. All additional fees incurred during the import process are the responsibility of the buyer, Rocky Mountain BioAg does not cover import fees for any international shipments. For shipping to countries outside the US and Canada, contact RMBA before placing your order. Many of our products are not labeled for sale outside the United States.
Shipping to Hawaii, Guam, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands:
Items are generally shipped to these locations via USPS Priority Mail. USPS Priority Mail does not guarantee transit time and Parcel Post can take up to several weeks to AK, HI, and PR.
FedEx and UPS 1 Day and 2 Day services only run on business days. FedEx and UPS 2 Day orders placed on Friday will not arrive until Monday. FedEx 2 day orders placed on Thursday will be marked for Saturday delivery if available.
Drop Ship Orders:
Drop ship orders will often be delivered within one week of ordering, but in some cases these orders can take longer due to product availability and weather delays. Once an order has shipped, your order cannot be canceled. Drop Ship orders will be updated with a email containing the tracking number as soon as the product has shipped.