Biological Mosquito Control BMC Microbe-Lift
Microbe-Lift Biological Mosquito Control BMC kills developing mosquitoes before they become breeding, biting adults including those that may transmit West Nile Virus, Equine Encephalitis, and Heart Worm Disease (in dogs and cats).
Microbe-Lift Liquid Biological Mosquito Control is specially formulated for decorative water gardens, fountains, and areas where standing water exists. Use the 1-gallon professional size for larger ponds, lakes, and lagoons. Microbe-Lift BMC is a liquid product that has no adverse effect on the aesthetics of ponds or water features and can be applied to areas that contain aquatic life, fish and plants. It can also be applied to areas used by or in contact with humans, animals, horses, livestock, pets, birds and wildlife.
- Biological Larvicide (B.T.I. Active Ingredient)
- QUICKLY Controls fungus gnat and mosquito larvae within 24 hours
- Can be used for fungus gnat larvae in hydroponics
- Can be used in water gardens that contain live fish and plants
- Up to 14 days activity depending on application site
- Disperses easily in water
- Safe for plants and fish
- Safe for use around humans, animals, horses, livestock, pets, birds and wildlife
- No toxicity to non-target invertebrates
- Significantly lower potential for the development of resistance in target insect populations than chemical larvicides such as methoprene
- No adverse aesthetics to the pond and no organic or inorganic residues.
- Fungus Gnats - Use 6 drops per gallon of water
- Mosquito Control - Use 6 drops per 100 gallons of water
- General Application - 1 Teaspoon per 540 square feet
- SMALL 2 Ounce (BMC2) - Treats small ponds up to 1,500 gallons or 400 gallons every other week for up to 2 years.
- MEDIUM 6 Ounce (BMC6) - Treats medium ponds up to 5,000 gallons or 2,000 gallons every other week for up to 16 months.
- PROFESSIONAL 1 Gallon (BMC1G4) - Treats large bodies of water. 40,000 gallons for up to 9 months or 80,000 gallons for up to 4.5 months. See the label for detailed dosage rates.