ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait Killer
2 POUNDS COVERS 34,000 SQ. FT.
ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait contains spinosad, a naturally occurring soil organism. Spinosad is a metabolite of the soil dwelling bacteria Saccharopolyspora Spinosa and is highly active on insects. Fire ants are an aggressive species that build large sand mounds in residential and commercial landscapes. ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait is an efficacious, research driven, and highly palatable ant bait that is deadly to foraging red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) and harvester ants and is readily taken back into the nest as food for the colony. The active ingredient in the bait is distributed throughout the colony, killing the ants, including the queen. Fire ants and harvester ants that consume the bait will appear sick and lethargic within 12 to 24 hours. Dead ants will frequently be seen near treated mounds 24 to 36 hours after application. The entire colony, including the queen, will usually be controlled within 3 to 14 days after treatment, depending upon environmental conditions. Control of extremely large colonies may take longer or may require reapplication. If reapplication is required, use specified mound or broadcast application rates at intervals of no less than 14 days until control is achieved. Control may be slower with broadcast applications than with individual mound treatments. With ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait, it only takes a few days to eliminate an entire ant colony. It contains a highly active ingredient that targets the ants and lasts for up to 60 days. It can be used most anywhere fire ants are found and also works to control harvester ants in residential, commercial and recreational settings.
In order to maintain the freshness and attractiveness of the bait keep the container tightly sealed. Using the product within the season of purchase is recommended.
ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait joins the ANTIXX family of ant baits provided by Neudorff USA that includes ANTIXX Plus and ANTIXX Liquid Ant Bait. ANTIXX Plus (containing spinosad and Iron Phosphate active ingredients) is an OMRI listed, patented, dual-active, easy to apply granular ant bait for outdoor use. ANTIXX Liquid Ant Bait (spinosad) is a patented liquid ant bait for indoor and outdoor use
- 2 Pounds covers 34,000 sq. ft.
- Targets the entire colony including the queen.
- For residential or commercial use.
- Spinosad is a natural soil dwelling microorganism.
- Comes in an easy-to-apply formulation.
- Works on resistant ant species.
- Kills the entire colony within 14 days.
- Lasts for two months (60 days) with a single treatment.
- Can be used on home lawns, athletic fields and more.
- Home greenhouses.
- Lawns and other turfgrass areas.
- Non-crop areas such as roadsides, rights of way, industrial areas, campgrounds, parks, recreational areas, and rough turfgrass areas, farmsteads, corrals and around animal housing facilities.
- Recreation areas, including golf courses, parks, playgrounds and playing fields.
- Most home gardens (see label for a complete list of safe vegetables).
- Do not allow livestock or domestic animals to consume the bait.
- Do not allow unprotected workers or other persons or pets in treated area during application.
- Do not apply to hardscapes.
- Do not ship or store with food, feeds, drugs or clothing.
- This product may not be used in agricultural production covered by the Worker Protection Standard (40CFR Part 170).
Mound Application - Evenly distribute the bait over the mound and extend out to about two feet surrounding the mound. Do not disturb the mound before, during, or after treatment. Avoid mowing or tilling before and after application so the ants do not relocate from the mound.
- Mounds less than 15" in diameter use 4 tablespoons
- Mounds greater than 15" in diameter use 4 to 6 tablespoons
Rain occurring within 6 hours of application may disrupt ant foraging and requires reapplication.
Broadcast Application - Distribute as evenly as possible over the infested area with a calibrated rotary-type hand-held, PTO, electric or ground driven spreader. Broadcast applications will control established mounds and new colonies that are just becoming established. Applications every two months during the warm part of the year when the ants are active will help keep invading queens from establishing new colonies.
- 1/3 to 2/3 Cups per 1,000 square feet
- 3 to 6 Cups per 10,000 square feet
- 2.5 to 5 Pounds per acre
Rain occurring within 12 hours of application may disrupt ant foraging and requires reapplication.