Neptune's Harvest Kelp Meal
Kelp Meal (1-0-2)
- Made from seaweed (Ascophyllum nodosum)
- Proven to produce healthier, more productive plants even in times of stress including drought, salinity and temperature.
- University tested in greenhouse and in field with proven root and plant development increases.
- Get the most out of your fertilizer programs and nutrients by enhancing root growth and encouraging healthy microbial populations.
- Neptune's Harvest Kelp Meal encourages natural cytokinin and auxin production in plants resulting in better growth with more buds, healthier, greener leaves and increased tolerance to environmental stresses.
- University studies have shown Neptune’s Harvest Kelp Meal to increase marketable yields and improve shelf life on fruits and vegetables.
- Increase in plants natural sugars or brix resulting in more plentiful, stronger and more colorful flowers and foliage and more fragrant longer lasting blooms.
- Meets requirements of the National Organic Program (NOP) for use in organic production.
Neptune's Harvest Organic Kelp Meal is dried and ground rock weed (Ascophyllum nodosum), which is widely recognized as one of the finest marine plants available for gardening and agriculture. Kelp meal is a natural and cost effective enhancement to soil fertilization and conditioning programs. It is suitable for all plants, trees, turf and crops, it can be mixed with most soil conditioners, nutrients and fertilizers. It can also be incorporated into potting soils, seed and transplant beds, as well as composting material. Kelp meal contains trace minerals, carbohydrates and amino acids. It will add organic matter to your soil and help it retain moisture while enhancing healthy root growth. Kelp meal will keep your lawn healthy and green, even through drought periods and times of stress. Apply in early spring a soon as soil can be worked. For perennial crops, apply at the end of dormancy. Mix thoroughly with the soil or growing media, taking care not to apply in concentrated form directly to the roots. For trees and turf apply directly as a top dressing.
GARDENS: 3 lbs. per 100 square feet
ROW APPLICATION: 1 to 2 lbs. per 100 feet
TREES: 1 lbs. per inch of tree diameter
COMPOST ENHANCER: 3 to 6 ounces per cubic foot
TURF: 10 lbs. per 1000 square feet
POTTING MIXES: 2% of total volume by weight
SEEDBED: 1 lbs. per 100 square feet
BEDDING PLANTS: 1 ounce per tray
BULBS: 1 Tablespoon mixed in soil under bulb