Neptune's Harvest Crab Shell
Crab Shell (2-3-0)
- Derived from crab scrap and crab shell
- Contains 23% Calcium and 1.33% Magnesium
- Helps retain moisture in soil and builds organic matter simultaneously.
- High in chitin (Kite-en), which promotes the growth of chitin eating bacteria.
- Helps eliminate ants, grubs, fungus and harmful varieties of root feeding nematodes by creating an unfavorable environment.
- Not a fungicide or nematicide but a natural biopesticide
- Non-toxic to birds, animals, fish, and plants.
- Helps inhibit blossom end rot.
- Helps keep moles, voles, mice and other critters from digging up bulbs and root vegetables when top dressed.
- Meets requirements of the National Organic Program (NOP) for use in organic production.
Neptune's Harvest Organic Crab Shell is an excellent dry organic plant food rich in calcium (23%) and magnesium (1.33%) and naturally contains nutrients plants need. Crab shell contains extra benefits not found in other fertilizer products. High calcium fertilizers have been shown to benefit bulbs and will also help to inhibit blossom end rot. It helps the soil retain moisture while building the organic matter simultaneously. Crab shell is high in chitin (Kite-en), which promotes the growth of chitin eating bacteria in the soil. It will help eliminate ants, grubs, fungus and harmful varieties of nematode eggs, because the exoskeletons are high in chitin. Adding crab shell to soil helps create a unfavorable environment for non beneficial fungus and root destroying nematodes by feeding the beneficial biological life that eats chitin and chitin based organisms. Crab shell is not a fungicide or nematicide but a natural biopesticide that is non-toxic to birds, animals, fish, and plants. Top dress crab shell around plants to help keep slugs and snails at bay while choking out weeds also, keeps moles, voles, mice and other critters from digging up bulbs and root vegetables.
GARDENS: 3 lbs. per 100 square feet
ROW APPLICATION: 1 to 2 lbs. per 100 feet
TREES: 1 lbs. per inch of tree diameter
COMPOST ENHANCER: 3 to 6 ounces per cubic foot
TURF: 10 lbs. per 1000 square feet
POTTING MIXES: 2% of total volume by weight
SEEDBED: 1 lbs. per 100 square feet
BEDDING PLANTS: 1 ounce per tray
BULBS: 1 Tablespoon mixed in soil under bulb